TOPPIK Warning!

Discussion in 'Toppik and DermMatch' started by angela75, Jan 26, 2013.

1. angela75

angela75 New Member

Hi, all! I posted this over on heralopecia a while ago but wanted to post it here as well - especially for those of you who use toppik and go work out...

I have been using toppik for about 4 years now and I love it.... it gave me back some confidence and it really has been a lifesaver, but I wanted to share my toppik embarrassment story so it doesn't happen to anyone else. We all know that when you sweat when using toppik, there is a very real possibility that you will have green sweat running down your face. I've dealt with this before, and was able to catch it before anyone else saw but I wasn't that lucky this past summer. I went to Bonnaroo with a group of friends and it was hot and humid and gross. Needless to say i didn't want to shower and do my hair every day so I wore a bandana most of the time. On the day I didn't shower but had used toppik the day before, i decided to wear a white bandana. Well, all was fine until about 4 hours into the day when my friends started asking me why the top of my head was neon yellow and green. I had no clue what they were talking about and had to run to a port-a-potty (YUCK) and take the bandana off to see. It looked like i had drawn all over the top of it with a yellow and green highlighter. How embarrassing! I guess the toppik mixed with the sweat had stained my bandana! Thankfully, one friend in the group knows that I use toppik and she had a black bandana that I could switch into really fast. I was sooooo humiliated but thank GOD everyone was drinking and no one even remembered the next day!
  2. Suzie112

Suzie112 New Member

Thanks for the warning! That is the case with all the keratin based fibers. If you can find a cotton based fiber product like Boost n Blend you won't have that issue. The cotton is colorfast and doesn't change color or turn green.