Vit D what should it be to help with hair loss

Discussion in 'Open Topic (General)' started by Jenewn, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Jenewn

Jenewn Member

And how much is suggested to take?
  2. Jenewn

Jenewn Member

Anyone? I upped my to 5000 mcg a day. Hope this helps.
  3. valentine

valentine New Member

I use to take 5000 mcg a day but after blood work they said it was way to low so they put me on 50,000.mcg 3 days a week (M_W_F) ... we will see .. I have pre diabetes , low vit D and thyroid problems. may need surgery for my thyroid (nodules ) :/
  4. Jenewn

Jenewn Member

Hi Valentine, I hope things get better for us real soon. I know we are too blessed to be stressed about this dang hair problem. ;) it's putting quite a damper on things. So you mind me asking what your Vit D is? Mine is 42 and its on the low side. What should it be to prevent hairless you think? Where would your dr like yours to be. My dr has no concern of mine. Thanks for responding. J
  5. samantha3333

samantha3333 Member

I have low vitamin D (34) along with low ferritin (22). Been feeling awful for months and started to take supplements a month ago. Feeling more energetic recently without a single cup of coffee. My trichologist said VD has to be over 65 to support hair growth. x
  6. Jenewn

Jenewn Member

Thank you for this!! None of my drs said anything about mine. And it was a 42. Could you tell me what you take and how much. Is it D3 that I need? Please help me. Thanks for the reply.
  7. valentine

valentine New Member

My vit d was in the low 20s and they want it to be at least 60 or more .My next problem is my thyroid , have an appt with a surgeon the 13th :eek: