Vitamin D levels are low

Discussion in 'Hair Loss Causes' started by ambermarie22, Aug 19, 2013.

1. ambermarie22

ambermarie22 New Member

I recently got my blood work back and it looks like everything is normal except for Viramin D level is 19 and the normal range is 30 to 100. I started on vitamin d3, 2000 ius last week. Does anyone know of this causing hair loss?
  2. MaryJo

MaryJo New Member

i had a similar experience with all my numbers being normal except my vitamin d, which was similar to your level actually. i started taking vitamin d, but i'm afraid it did not help me. i hope you have better luck with it though.
  3. celina22

celina22 New Member

There are many reasons of hair loss stress, water change, due to taking of medicine also this all reason could cause hair loss.
  4. Reha

Reha Member

Early sunrise rays are rich in vitamin D so get up early and have a little bit walk in order to get sun-rays on your head & scalps
  5. AimeeValenti

AimeeValenti New Member

Vitamin D is also known called the “sunshine vitamin.” Vitamin D helps reduce hair loss and it has the ability to stimulate the hair follicle. Vitamin D is responsible for activating the cells within the hair shaft.
  6. mc41551231

mc41551231 New Member

yes i agree with you
  7. Julia David

Julia David Member

A level below 30 is considered to be a deficiency, and 30-50 is considered inadequate for bone and overall health. Ideally, you want a level of 50 or above. So yes, you have a significant deficiency. Fret not, because it is correctable with time and treatment. I was gobsmacked to have a vitamin D deficiency a couple of years ago considering the amount of time I spent out soaking up the sun, but bizarrely I still did. I was prescribed 50,000 IU of Vitamin D2 twice weekly for one month, then 50,000 IU weekly for another six months. I also started spending twenty minutes in the sun without sunblock every morning. I take 2,000 IU of Vitamin D3 for maintenance. The deficiency was in the winter of 2011. By the spring of 2012 my levels were 33, and on the last test they were 45. I'm trying to get over 50 since I'm young. Considering how low your levels are it seems odd to me that you wouldn't have been given a prescription. You can get supplementation for 5,000 and even 10,000 D3. Did they tell you how much you should take a week?