Vitamin D

Discussion in 'Open Topic (General)' started by RKTO, Feb 8, 2012.

1. RKTO

RKTO New Member

Anyone try vitamin d? There is a thread on soulcysters.net under the hairloss section of the message board where some posters are having success with vitamin d supplementation. I'm wondering if anyone on this board has any success with vitamin d.
  2. RKTO

RKTO New Member

3. Harrison

Harrison New Member

I think vitamin D helpful for hair growth.
  4. RKTO

RKTO New Member

I would also add vitamin A with vitamin D since they work synergistically. Most of us are low in each of these vitamins anyway so adding them in would be beneficial anyway.
  5. Jolina

Jolina New Member

Vit D is good for hair loss as well as cancer prevention. I would take a supplement if you're not already. I take 1000 iu from Trader Joes.
  6. RKTO

RKTO New Member

Have you noticed any improvement with your hairloss from taking the vitamin d?
  7. Jolina

Jolina New Member

Not yet. I'm in the early stages. But its good for your body regardless of hair loss, so I'd recommend taking it even if you don't notice an improvement in your hair. Biotin (5000 mcg) is supposed to help as well, but I think anything you try will take at least 4-6 months.
  8. RKTO

RKTO New Member

Please keep us updated with you results, good or bad, I would really be interested. I'm giving it to my DD, but like you it is still the early stages so nothing to report yet.
  9. Jolina

Jolina New Member

I will definitely post updates. I'm hopeful to see improvement by the 4-6 month mark. Fingers crossed.

Jolina