Viviscal Supplements are helping my hair loss

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by m_bobb, Apr 8, 2013.

1. m_bobb

m_bobb New Member

I stopped taking birth control that I was on for over 10 years after a family friend had passed away from a blood clot due to birth control. After her death I decided I wanted to eliminate chemicals from my body and take good care of myself. After I stopped the pill I wanted a new look to go with my new goal of being birth control free so I went to get a haircut and the stylist thinned out my hair so much that I barely had anything left. A few months after that haircut I noticed that my hair started falling out at least 300 strands every time I washed it leaving me with extra thin hair. I became very depressed, lost sleep and would wake up in panics thinking I was supposed to be healthy and look and feel great but no all my beautiful curls had been stolen from me. I went back on birth control and I didn’t take any supplements during that year because for some reason I was in denial that my hair was thinning. One day I was showering and I broke down crying as I was pulling strands of hair off my head that my boyfriend came running upstairs to console me. He made me make an appointment with a dermatologist to see what was wrong so I listened to him and made an appointment. The dermatologist told me I had Telogen Effluvium and that it will sort itself out over time. I sat there thinking that’s it? I just have to wait for this shedding to stop, there has to be something to stop this. I googled everything online when I got home and came across a supplement called Viviscal. I started taking Viviscal along with 2000 mcg of Biotin at the beginning of December 2012 to help with my hair loss. I wish I had started sooner to save the hair that was falling out. I am 5 months into taking Viviscal and my hair shedding has reduced drastically to at least 5-10 strands. It has made my hair softer and has improved a bit but it is nowhere near to how thick it was before. I am also oiling my hair with Castrol Oil and Coconut Oil every other night. I feel hopeless that I will recover from this shedding as it has been a year and 6 months since it has started and I haven’t noticed much thickness. I do see lots of baby hairs ever since I started taking Viviscal so I guess that is a good sign but that means at least another few years till those little hairs grow to the rest of my length. I miss my curly hair that was taken away from me and it has affected my confidence so much that I don’t go out with my friends anymore. I just feel like shaving my hair off some days. Hearing some of the success stories on this forum has helped make me feel better :)
    Ponygirl likes this.
  2. m_bobb

m_bobb New Member

Really is working!

I straightened my hair last night and to my surprise I don't look so crazed anymore so Viviscal is helping. I think if I continue to take for at least a year my hair will back to normal again. I highly recommend this supplement! If anyone has any success with Viviscal, I would love to hear your story!
    Ponygirl likes this.
  3. shasha1

shasha1 Member

Great to hear that your shedding reduced (that's a huge step towards the right direction) - I used viviscal for 2-3 months but stopped since I didn't notice any results. I read the great reviews on it, so maybe should start again. I hope some of your thickness comes back. like I said, going from 300 strands to 5-10 is a great improvement so you should be extremely happy about that. I know how it feels to "miss" your hair, I miss my hair every single day. But now I just look at any improvements to lift my spirits. My shedding never reduced that drastically (although it was never that high) but still i would love to have just 5-10 strands. I can deal w/ what I have left but shedding just drives me insane. keep us posted on viviscal.
    Ponygirl likes this.
  4. m_bobb

m_bobb New Member

Maybe you should give it another try. It says it takes up to 6 months to notice improvement. I know it is hard to stay patient though! Even this morning after showering I combed my hair and literally only about 2 strands came out. Even before TE my normal hair loss was at least 50 strands so having so little strands fall out has definetly helped me stay positive.
    Ponygirl likes this.