Weight loss, calories and hair loss?

Discussion in 'Open Topic (General)' started by KrazyKat, Mar 26, 2014.

1. KrazyKat

KrazyKat New Member

Shedding A LOT here this past month: I'm wondering if being on a diet is making it worse? While I really don't need to lose weight (currently 108 with a goal of 105) and currently have a BMI of 20.4), due to my height (5'1") I consume only 1350 calories per day in order to lose one pound a week; and on the days I work out, once I deduct calories burned, sometimes my "net calories" are about 900. I actually eat very healthy: lots of fiber, protein, good fat, complex carbs and also take multi-vitamins and added zinc & l-lysine today. I did lose 4 pounds in the past 10 days though...
  2. evilleapplepie

evilleapplepie New Member

Shedding from dietary changes (drastic dietary changes) usually doesn't occur for at least 6 months.
  3. KrazyKat

KrazyKat New Member

Thanks Apple--I can cross "weight loss" off my list of possible reasons it has gotten SO bad:)
  4. samantha3333

samantha3333 Member

My first bout of TE actually was due to diatery/environmental change but it only lasted a month without having an impact on my hair. I was shedding more than 300 after shower at that time.
  5. LornaSalter

LornaSalter New Member

I just say a single line let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.
  6. samantha3333

samantha3333 Member

Then I really don't know the trigger of my first TE then. Five months before TE I was happy and stress free and just hanging around with frds all the time waiting to study abroad. Then the second month in a new country I lost huge amount of hair, up to 350 strands after shower!

This time I had no idea what triggered what TE either, might be Accutane induced, and then prolonged by low ferritin and low vitamin D? I'm scared.
  7. Reha

Reha Member

Diet and beauty are co related more healthy food you intake which gives natural source of vitamins and proteins make your hair strong and glowing.
  8. eva92watson

eva92watson New Member

Lifestyle changes can affect your hair. Get in touch with an expert to learn more about the condition of your hair before it is too late.