Welcome To The Hair Loss Causes Forum

Discussion in 'Hair Loss Causes' started by Women's Hair Loss Project, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Women's Hair Loss Project

Women's Hair Loss Project Administrator Staff Member

Hi Everyone! I think the sub-forums I created pretty much encompass the majority of reasons that women lose their hair, so hopefully they allow women to engage in more specific conversations regarding their own type of hair loss.
  2. rainn

rainn New Member

Why am I losing so much hair?

Hi, all,

I am new to the forum and for the past year I have lost so much hair yet I still have a lot of hair. I'm in my mid-30s. I don't understand why I am losing hair - in the shower, combing my hair, running my fingers through my hair, etc. My hair is all over my house and it's really annoying. I don't take medication although I lead a very stressful lifestyle. Does anyone else have this condition or suggestion as to the reasons?

Thanks,
    Rainn
  3. Angela

Angela Moderator

There could be many reasons for hair loss and then there is the element of horrible surprise...no reason at all. Have you been to a doctor about it yet?
  4. mkaren

mkaren New Member

Doctors

What is the best way to find a doctor in my area (naples, fl) who specializes in womens hair loss
  5. oneofme

oneofme New Member

I'm from the Midwest so maybe someone else can answer your question about Florida drs. If you don't find someone specifically, what I did was to look up in my insurance book dermatologists in my area and read on line (google the dr. and look up their qualifications/specialities)....... I have an app't. with a derm. who supposedly deals with skin and hair (others didn't mention hair.)

I am hypothyroid so am going to ask for a thyroid test (includes free t3 and free t4); don't know if you have thyroid conditions or not; and D and iron, etc.

I was going to try for an endocronologist (you might try the same search for that if you wish); some people have luck with them......

And there are cases of gp's that know something about it; but I'm trying the derm. first!

You could do some googling for hair loss drs. in your area. Good luck!
  6. bathory

bathory New Member

I dont understand it

Hi

Need some advice I am 31 years of age and have noticed over the past 3 years a constant itchying to my scalp and hair loss. It appears were ever I itch I loss hair. I have racked my brains trying to figure out the cause. I have looked at my family hair on both sides and there is no female pattern baldness in my family - even the males hair isnt bad. I have had blood tests and still no known cause. I am going mad can anyone give me any help or advice.. i am so confused
  7. dcssalman

dcssalman New Member

I agree with you it depend and varies person to person
  8. Kailey Abril

Kailey Abril New Member

The best way to think of the way hair grows is to picture a garden. How well it grows is completely a result of what is happening “underground.”
  9. Allision

Allision New Member

I'm New To The Forum And For The Past Year I Have Lost So Much Hair So What I Do..??
    Dia Chawla likes this.
  10. Dia Chawla

Dia Chawla New Member

First thing you need to find out what is main reason of your hair loss. There are following causes for Hair loss.

1. Hormonal changes
    2. Genetic Effect
    3. A chronical Disease Like Diabetes, Cancer, Thyroid
    4. Drink polluted or sewage Water
    5. Pollution Problem
    6. Use Wrong Hair Products
    7. Dandruff

Thanks
    dream1649 and Allision like this.
  11. Allision

Allision New Member

May Be Like Some Dandruff And Also So Itching Yet....
    Dia Chawla likes this.
  12. Dia Chawla

Dia Chawla New Member

Hi Allison Dandruff and Itching raise due to pollution, dust, less consumption of Water ,other vitamins and winter season.

1. Take proper diet everyday.
    2. Drink planety of water at-least 6-8 glass everyday.
    3. For dandruff apply curd daily and rinse hairs after 1-2 hours
    4. Massage your hairs with hot coconut oil daily at night. Rinse hairs in the morning.
    dream1649 likes this.
  13. Allision

Allision New Member

Yes Sure I'll, Thank You Much Dia Chawla...
    dream1649 likes this.
  14. Neha Khan

Neha Khan New Member

I want to use hair growth vitamin. Can anyone plzz guide me?? I need some reviews about hairfinity hair growth vitamin. have anyone tried??
  15. Allision

Allision New Member

Hey neha do natural treatment for you hair because some madicine and chemical broken your hair and first of all you have to control your lice because they damaged your hair you can search on google how to treat lice