what to expect from rogaine

Discussion in 'Open Topic (General)' started by minga, Mar 29, 2012.

1. minga

minga New Member

Im just wondering what im to expect from using rogaine...i have androgenic alopecia with all over balding and a very sparse crown...i have just got my stiches out from 2 biopseys so im ready to give this a go....my expectations are really low on rogaine as i have an extreamly sensitive scalp.....if i do tolorate the lotion what will my results be....do you loose hair, do they grow back or is it just to stop the hairs falling out, and what is this shead everyone talks about? I cannot afford to loose anymore hairs in a great number...ill need to shave it if that happens lol any advice would be great thanks in advance!!
  2. Nix

Nix New Member

Hi,

I've been using rogaine 5% since Feb 1st. I have not seen any growth. I think I am impatient and keep thinking of the Simpsons episode where Homer gets his hair back but I digress. I didnt lose any more hair then usually falls out. My scalp didnt dry out like I thought. I dont know when/if I will see any results. I guess all I can do is hope. I hope this helped, and I hope it works for you.
  3. Tracy C

Tracy C New Member

Hello to both of you,

Regrowth starts between four and six months. The regrown hair starts out looking like downy peach fuzz. Over time and hair cycles the peach fuzz slowly transforms into normal hair with continued use of the medicine. It takes about a full year for the regrowth to become cosmetically significant and it continues to improve from there. Many who try Rogaine give up on it before they even know if it will work for them. It takes a long time so stick with it for at least a full year.

Take care,

Tracy
  4. minga

minga New Member

Wow thats a long time. I was hoping to see just a hint of it working abit earlier than that. Just to give me the boost to keep going. Ill keep going and see how it goes :)
  5. Tracy C

Tracy C New Member

Hello,

The unfortunate reality is that it takes a long time to treat hair loss. There are no quick fixes. It can be hard to stick with it - but I did and I grew a lot of lost hair back because I stuck with it.

Take care,

Tracy