Where to go in New York- Follea?

Discussion in 'Wigs and Toppers' started by OllieG, Feb 11, 2014.

1. OllieG

OllieG New Member

I just found the WHLP and I feel like I finally can breathe again. At some point I'd like to tell my story, but for right now I just need to be pointed in the right direction.

I'd love some suggestions on where can I purchase a high quality wig in the New York area? I love the look of the follea, but haven't been able to find many reviews on Alfieri, which according the the website is the official distributor. Does anyone have any experience with them? I don't mind paying a higher price for quality.

I want to set up some appointments as soon as possible, but I feel a little overwhelmed and not sure where to start.

Thanks in advance.
  2. bonsai35

bonsai35 New Member

hi there - I've been to Alfieri and purchased my first Follea Toppette from him. The owner is Andy Alfieri and he is onsite and I think does all of the consults, though they do have other stylists.

their office is located in a building just off of Bryant Square Park and is very inconspicuous and private. He does sell Follea but he also sells other brands and does custom work as well it seems. I went there already knowing that I wanted a Follea and I made that very clear. I don't think he was super enthusiastic about selling me Follea, but he was cooperative. I do think he likes to focus on his own custom pieces.

he only has (or had anyway) a couple of Follea pieces there so there wasn't much to try on, but you can put your hands through it and see how nice it is at least. He ordered in what I wanted immediately, no problems. I had to have him order a few things, a few different times..... I don't live in NYC so the whole process of just getting there took longer than I would have liked. But like I said, he was cooperative and got whatever I wanted.

I can't attest to his or his stylists cutting skills as I got my cut in somewhere else.

Do you live in NYC? there are a few other places that deal with Follea in NJ and there's one in southern CT too. Unfortunately, it seems that a lot of the "regular" salons that sell some Follea products don't advertise that they sell Follea or any other hair replacement either.....
  3. OllieG

OllieG New Member

Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly!

I live in NJ, about 20 minutes west of NYC. I also kind of have my heart set on a follea, so I'm happy to hear he listened to you.

If you can suggest any other places to visit in the area, I'd love to hear them. I am certainly willing to travel to find the best.

A couple other questions- who did you have cut and/or style your follea? Are you happy with it?

Also, I made an appointment with Flora in NJ. I wasn't sure where else to go and I had heard her name a couple of times. Are you familiar with her? I really think I want a follea though, so I may cancel that appointment.

Thanks again for writing back. I feel so new to all of this and truly appreciate your guidance.
  4. bonsai35

bonsai35 New Member

hey there - there's a place a little further down in NJ. I think it's in Wall Township and it's called Transitions. She sells Follea and I believe she wears Follea too. I have heard excellent things about her from Follea. they say she is very talented. And its always nice to go to someone who actually wears hair as well....

The place in southern CT is in Westport and it's called Philip Bruce. they don't say anything about Follea on their website and I've actually never been there but I know they sell Follea because Follea told me. I did speak with them by phone but at that point, I was looking at something bonded and they don't do bonding. if I knew how all of this would turn out for me and that I would prefer a full wig anyway, I probably would have purchased through them since they are closer to where I lived at the time. Oh well.

I got my Follea Toppette cut in by AmberC, who is a network member. She is a really talented stylist and colorist and Ive had her cut 2 Follea Toppettes for me, a trim on one of my Follea wigs and I've also had her do color touch ups on my Follea wigs for me. She 's in NC though so the logistics can be expensive.

If NJ isn't too far for you, I'd definitely look up that place. it seems like a good place and she has an excellent reputation.

I hope you find your Follea! it's not easy to hunt down sometimes since it's not sold everywhere but the journey is worth it! After purchasing through Alfieri, I have bought my two wigs directly from the Follea Beverly Hills salon. It's not easy or cheap to get out there, but the ladies are great there and by the time I decided I wanted to go full wig, I just needed to get the whole thing done and get my HAIR. :)
  5. OllieG

OllieG New Member

Perfect!

I made an appointment for this Saturday with Transitions. I'm super nervous, but hopefully I'll find something I like. Never having tried on a wig before, this is all brand new.

I'm also going to call Follea and see if they have any other recommendations. I'd love to go to Beverly Hills and deal with them directly, but that just doesn't seem to be in the cards right now.

Thanks again for your help. I'll be sure to let you know how Saturday goes :)
  6. bonsai35

bonsai35 New Member

you're welcome! good luck and let me know how it goes.

And to the person above that posted some weird spammy shit, I'd report you if I knew how. go away.
  7. EricHannig

EricHannig New Member

The activity of the animal beings has become acutely active everywhere on this earth. Bodies do not get time to booty a blow for a while. With the accretion use of altered gadgets of Gps Jammer, the possibilities of accepting the aboriginal of blow accept absolutely finished. The adaptable phones or the corpuscle phones are some of these accessories that accumulate the bodies consistently in blow with the alfresco world. The adaptable building are additionally accessible about everywhere these canicule and due to this the accessibility of the Cell Phone Jammer has become alike added quick and authentic. Today, you cannot break out of ability of these adaptable building as their signals can bolt your about anywhere. The bearings of bodies who accord to altered business professions has become actual analytical of radio signal blocker as their authorities bolt them anywhere any moment.