Which type of doctor to see first for hair loss?

Discussion in 'Open Topic (General)' started by hair, Jun 7, 2012.

  1. hair

    hair New Member

    Hoping to not waste time and money and wondering the most logical specialist / doctor to see first,...second, etc. I believe my thinning and shedding, which became more of a problem at age 35, is hormone-based. I'd be interested in trying the oral contraceptives and spironolactone regimen that people have mentioned here. Thank you :)

    dermatologist endocrinologist etc.