Zoloft

Discussion in 'Hair Loss Causes' started by lbjorn, Aug 24, 2011.

1. lbjorn

lbjorn New Member

I've struggles with depression since I was in elementary school. My parents could really see it when I was in middle school and made me go to the doctor to get help. I began taking Zoloft. I took it for all four years of high school and then decided I wanted to go off it.

It wasn't easy but I did it. Years later I still feel like I have control over my emotions and have successfully overcome the main struggle.

Going back to when I was a kid...I was the one who people would comment about and say, "Wow, you have such thick hair"! And yes, I did. So thick that I would get comments all the time. I have three older sisters and one of them was the same way as me. Inherited from our Dad. I used to try everything I could to make my hair not look HUGE. Even when I straightened it poofed out because of the thickness.

Less than I year after getting off Zoloft I lost at least 2/3 of my hair. Thank goodness I had so much before or I would be almost completely bald. Others see me now and think I have thin hair. I still am amazed that that even happened. I wonder how long it will take to stop seeing myself as "the girl with thick hair". My other sister's hair is just as thick as ever.

The only conclusion I can come up with is the fact that I took Zoloft.

I was so excited to be pregnant and get tons of hair like everyone says. But, nothing changed. I never got any more hair than before. Seems so odd to me. I hate seeing my hair in the shower drain. I lose sooo much every time. It quickly clogs the drain and I have to keep pulling my hair out so the tub doesn't fill up with water. And then when I fix my hair the floor is covered with hair. It's disgusting.

I wish I could sue Zoloft. A little more info before taking the medicine would have been nice.